• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, download with some streaming providers (Netflix) might not always be available in HD.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved - but it will take a few days. Thank you.

Discussion PowerDVD 22 Ultra 30% off regular price through September 17

If you get it, it's the last one that'll officially support 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders, until they eventually push out an update that removes the official support.

Of course, with AnyDVD HD in conjunction with MakeMKV, you won't have to worry about it too much.

Thanks for replying. I only use it to determine mpls title numbers for Blu-rays/4K. I don't use it to watch them. It's disconcerting they're removing 4K support.

Thanks for replying. I only use it to determine mpls title numbers for Blu-rays/4K. I don't use it to watch them. It's disconcerting they're removing 4K support.
They're removing support because the method that they use to support 4K Blu-ray discs was removed by Intel. Cyberlink is bound by an AACS LA license agreement for protecting AACS 2.x decryption (and any other AACS decryption), along with adding the Cinavia crap that PowerDVD has to always check for (Since at least PowerDVD 11 but implemented with PowerDVD 12 first in early 2012) with any Blu-ray/DVD made by the major studios.

Please see this discussion from the General Chat part of the RedFox Forum:

Sure, I get that. I was just wonder if there were any good (for whatever definition of good) features/fixes I'd be missing out at by not upgrading. I know V20 is horrible about remembering certain settings.

Wow, this has been on sale for the entire Spring and Summer now, and Autumn/Fall is right around the corner.

Cyberlink has now extended the PowerDVD 22 Ultra sale through Christmas Day at 30% off the suggested retail price.

... and can Power DVD 22 (Ultra) now play UHD/4K without a complicated computer setup?

Only from an unprotected source. I.E. Load AnyDVD, stick disc in drive, load PowerDVD, enjoy.
The disc won't play for me with AnyDVD and Power DVD 18 Ultra (and Win7). That's why that was my question.

Wow, this has been on sale for the entire Spring and Summer now, and Autumn/Fall is right around the corner.

This is the longest that Cyberlink has had a sale on PowerDVD Ultra, any version.

Anyway, this latest sale is now extended through December 31st, which as we all know is also New Year's Eve.

Good news!

Cyberlink has extended the 40% off sale for PowerDVD 22 Ultra through January 14th.

The price for the venerable software for playing Blu-rays and DVDs, along with ISOs and other media files such as MP4s and MKVs is now $59.99 suggested retail price after the 40% off discount before taxes.

Their sale is now extended through January 24th.

40% off, and the suggested retail price is $59.99 US.

Anyone have an inkling of why they keep extending this sale? I'm wondering if it's either A) they're trying to sell as many licenses as they can before they release the new version, or B) it's the dying gasp before they go out of business (I hope not).

Pure conjecture on my part, of course.

Last edited:
Anyone have an inkling of why they keep extending this sale? I'm wondering if it's either A) they're trying to sell as many licenses as they can before they release the new version, or B) it's the dying gasp before they go out of business (I hope it).

Pure conjecture on my part, of course.
Actually, I don't want them to out of business anymore than all the changes that have been going around lately with brick and mortar businesses like Best Buy getting out of the Blu-ray/DVD disc sale business.

We shall see.

Actually, I don't want them to out of business anymore than all the changes that have been going around lately with brick and mortar businesses like Best Buy getting out of the Blu-ray/DVD disc sale business.

We shall see.

Sorry, that was a typo. I meant to write "I hope not." Fixed.

Back