• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

subscription

Lukas

I consider services like Netflix, Amazon prime, Apple TV and others to be fraudsters and thieves stealing money from people's pockets, I thought there would be someone to help stop it, I have to say that I was deeply mistaken :( we also have our platforms in my country and I must declare that I download their content from illegal servers because I don't agree with the concept of subscription when I first saw Any stream I thought that there will be those who also boycott it and don't want it I saw hope and even started to think about the concept of subscription with a deposit but now I see a big and deep disappointment when the Redfox team has basically joined these big bad sharks and the only thing left for people is piracy of shows from illegal servers, I am disappointed where we are going as people, we are heading into the gray to black areas of the market just because a rental model is being cruelly introduced that most people don't want at least not in poorer countries

You are aware that people need to be paid for the work they do, right?
Do you want your employer to pay you a decent amount of money when you start a job and say: that's it for as long as you work here ?

Sorry to say it, but that is no gray or black zone: that's business. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The use of subscription models for software services, such as Anystream, has been a subject of debate. Nonetheless, there are several convincing reasons why a subscription model might be more appropriate for such services as compared to a one-time purchase model:

1. Continuous Updates and Maintenance: Software like Anystream needs regular updates to keep pace with changes in the streaming services it interacts with. These platforms frequently update their security protocols, interfaces, and functionalities. A subscription model ensures that the software can be continuously updated to remain compatible and functional, providing ongoing value to the user.

2. Sustainability of Development: The ongoing revenue from subscriptions provides a stable financial foundation for the developers to maintain and improve the software. This model supports the long-term sustainability of the service, allowing for research, development, and the introduction of new features over time.

3. Adaptation to New Technologies: The tech landscape rapidly evolves, with new formats, standards, and technologies emerging regularly. A subscription model allows developers to adapt their software to these changes, ensuring the program remains relevant and valuable.

It is wise to take a cautious approach when considering the benefits and drawbacks of subscription models like Anystream's.
As these models develop over time, it is important to address issues such as affordability and user engagement, as they will be crucial to their success.
We should remain open to how these changes unfold, in order to form more informed views on the effectiveness and fairness of subscription-based services in the future.

If I may compare the software to a car purchase, no matter if you purchase or get a loan, there are certain things that will have to be addressed. Oil changes, seasonal tire changes, filters, troubleshooting, all are required and expected to happen. But they will charge you for the mechanic's time. The team do not, fortunately. I hope things stay the same forever, but...

a few years ago I pitched the concept of monetary voluntary donations to the Redfox developers, it was rejected due to the fact that Redfox does not like financial services

You are aware that people need to be paid for the work they do, right?
Do you want your employer to pay you a decent amount of money when you start a job and say: that's it for as long as you work here ?

Sorry to say it, but that is no gray or black zone: that's business. :rolleyes:
the concept of black or gray zones, by that I mean that there are a few people here who upload or download content from Netflix or other platforms and then pass it on to each other in this way. it goes back to politics and the introduction of digital currencies by governments

sorry, I might have misread that .... but your walls of text are sometimes hard to read 🧐

a few years ago I pitched the concept of monetary voluntary donations to the Redfox developers, it was rejected due to the fact that Redfox does not like financial services
So what are you saying Lukas, you think all Redfox programs should be free? Do you even realize the enormous costs involved with running the forum and the servers, much less the development and the time spent making these programs the best in their field? Yes it would be nice if people wanted to work for free and no one had to eat or pay rent. But that's naive to say the least.

So what are you saying Lukas, you think all Redfox programs should be free? Do you even realize the enormous costs involved with running the forum and the servers, much less the development and the time spent making these programs the best in their field? Yes it would be nice if people wanted to work for free and no one had to eat or pay rent. But that's naive to say the least.
sorry for the bad wording, this meant voluntary donations from lifetime license holders

sorry, I might have misread that .... but your walls of text are sometimes hard to read 🧐
it's ok i use google translate it's sometimes harder to say most people don't agree with the concept of subscription services like netflix i'm one of those who strongly boycotts them

That and €0.02 wont even buy a cup of coffee. :cry:
I believe a lot of current users and license holders would put up solid sums for the development and your livelihood we understand your hard work no less I was turned down saying the funding wouldn't go through financial services

I believe a lot of current users and license holders would put up solid sums for the development and your livelihood we understand your hard work no less I was turned down saying the funding wouldn't go through financial services
Its better for them just to buy the license and be done with it.

Just my thoughts here.

There is a difference between offering a subscription and making it the only option. There are other modes of doing this I have seen such as reoccurring costs (subscription) for support/upgrades or when you purchase a licenses it's for that version and future major revisions need to again be purchased. I guess they all have their pros and cons to the consumer and to the business. I am not sure per version would work for AS as the revisions are rapid because they need to be. So as much as I dislike subscriptions in general I can see it maybe being the best way forward. That's in my opinion. Easy for me to say I am not running a project.

I will mention though that as much as payment is an issue with Redfox stuff for all the obvious reasons that is not Redfox's fault, that does concern me as a customer just based on the annual pain in the butt that might be.

But I know typical businesses will go with the subscription model because it gives you a very steady and predictable revenue stream. This is something shareholders love. And before someone says, "bah humbug, shareholders, the rich getting richer" you need to realize shareholders also means MANY people's retirements, pensions and savings.

If someone like Amazon changes their cost model or say Netflix. I assume that they are doing that solely for their benefit and beyond that they only concern themselves with what customers will tolerate. I DO NOT make that assumption with Redfox. I personally trust if they make a change or alter direction it's to help them help us. This is not blind faith or wishful thinking. That is based on historical evidence through the years.

Try deepl.com
i tried and it's even worse i tried to translate spanish subtitles through it a lot of words didn't make sense i had to make them up

I had one more thought, if you insist on a subscription, introduce 3-month and 6-month licenses at lower prices
although payments are technically very inconvenient for customers due to the nature of the business

I had one more thought, if you insist on a subscription, introduce 3-month and 6-month licenses at lower prices
although payments are technically very inconvenient for customers due to the nature of the business
Why not daily tickets?

... or pay for each download...

...or 99-year subscription if not lifetime...

Reactions: DQ
Back